Join experienced crews for deep-sea fishing and angling adventures in Portugal’s abundant waters, promising an unforgettable experience for anglers of all levels.
- Engaging in fishing close to the shore, perfect for beginners or those looking for a relaxed fishing experience. Ideal for catching species like sea bream, bass, and mackerel.
- Heading out to deeper waters for more challenging and rewarding catches. Target species include tuna, marlin, and swordfish, popular among experienced anglers.
- Practiced in rivers and streams, particularly in northern Portugal. This type of fishing is known for its technique and artistry, targeting freshwater species like trout.
- Focusing on fish that dwell near the seabed, such as groupers, snappers, and sea bream. This type involves anchoring the boat and using baited lines.
Sport Fishing (Game Fishing):
- Aimed at catching larger fish for sport, including big game species like blue and white marlin, particularly in the Azores and Madeira.
- A method where lines with baited lures are drawn through the water. It’s effective for species like tuna and dorado, offering an exciting fishing experience.
Reef and Wreck Fishing:
- Targeting fish around reefs and shipwrecks, where many species congregate. This type offers the excitement of catching a wide variety of fish.
- A unique experience where anglers fish at night, targeting nocturnal species and those attracted by light, such as squid and octopus.
- Fishing Enthusiasts: Challenge yourself with big game fishing.
- Beginners: Learn fishing techniques from seasoned experts.
- Adventure Seekers: Enjoy the thrill of catching tuna, marlin, and other big fishes.
Top Fishing Spots
The Algarve Coast:
- Renowned for its rich marine life, the Algarve offers excellent opportunities for both coastal and deep-sea fishing. Towns like Albufeira, Lagos, and Vilamoura are popular starting points for fishing trips.
- Known as a world-class destination for big game fishing, particularly for marlin. The warm waters around Madeira are ideal for sport fishing enthusiasts.
- Offering some of the best deep-sea fishing experiences in Europe. The islands are a hotspot for catching tuna, marlin, and other big game fish.
Douro River Valley:
- A prime location for freshwater fishing, especially fly fishing. The river and its tributaries are known for trout and other freshwater species.
- The coastal areas near Lisbon, including Cascais and Setúbal, offer diverse fishing experiences, from tranquil river fishing to exciting deep-sea adventures.
Peniche and Berlengas Islands:
- This area is known for its rich underwater habitats, making it a great spot for reef and wreck fishing, as well as for targeting a variety of seafish.
Did You Know?
Portugal is renowned for its rich marine life, making it a top destination for deep-sea fishing and angling.
- Budget: Group fishing trips with basic equipment.
- Luxury: Private charters with advanced gear and amenities.
Best Time of the Year
Whether you’re a seasoned angler or a beginner, deep-sea fishing in Portugal offers the thrill of the catch in some of the world’s most fertile fishing grounds.